Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunday Mothers Day

Today started off the same as any other Sunday. Me getting up first. Feeding the dog, putting the budgies outside. Having a shower and getting ready for Church. Colin just gets himself ready!!!! (hmmm!).
He did wish me a happy Mothers Day -but seeing as I am not his Mother there wasn't any need for a pressie.
At Church the little children (all 10 of them) had a great time pasting hearts and flowers etc. onto a card for their Mummies. I added some Kindy Glitz and the kids were so proud of them.
For lunch we went to Andrea and Jethro's. Everyone put in towards the meal and it was yummy. Had a great time chatting and playing with the 'little people'.
I got some lovely presents which included the Greys Anatomy Series 1 DVD, Human Nature's new CD, some body lotion products and would you believe it - CHOCOLATES. I hid them from Colin cuz then I would have to share! Shame on me!
We left Andrea's about 5:30pm and visited with Gramps for about an hour. He is so sweet. He has kept all his oranges for a whole week and given them to us in a bag. The rotten ones with the OK ones. (They are all in our bin now!) Last week when it was his birthday I gave him a homemade card and he has written all over it saying thanks to everyone for his lovely birthday.
He is so funny. There are notes all over his room. He stuck one on his door and it says: 'the only person to get everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe'. I hope that doesn't need explaining.
Well I'm home now. And like Kim I havn't scrapped all day - so I am getting to go and play in my room for a while.
It's been a really lovely Mothers Day. I am very lucky and very blessed with my children and their spouses. We are all very close and times like today make me really appreciate each of them. Sara wrote in my card that I have helped her be a better mother - so it that's all I've ever achieved in this life the journey has been worth it.

No comments: