Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Accepted

I started the day of badly! I got up a bit sluggishly and a bit later because I didn't have to work today. However I did plan to attend a class at Scraptac. just for fun. I needed my handbag for something and I couldn't find it anywhere. I searched high and low and no sign of it. I then realised that I must have left it in Gramps' room at RSL Park in Frankston, last night. Darn!!! So I flew into the shower got dressed and drove all the way there. He was sitting on his bed still in his pj's and as soon as he saw it was me he lifted up my bag and told me he had been taking good care of it. What a sweet man! He was very proud of himself too!
So then I had to rush back and get my stuff for the class ready and head on off to Mentone. I could only do half of the class because I needed to leave early so I could pick up Joshua from kinder.
He was so excited to see me. "Nan!" (that's what he calls me!) "Nanna!" You have come to take me home?" "Can I watch a movie?" "I had my feelings hurt today, Nan!" All this before we got out the door. Mind you he was so happy to see me he left his bag and coat behind so I had to gently persuade him he had better get those as well.
Carolina had a midwife's clinic at Monash for a checkup so we met her at Maccas (oops! I know I shouldn't be there) and I shouted lunch.
Riley was so upset when he had to go in their own car and home for a sleep. He was crying and saying;" I want to sleep in your bed Nan, I don't want to go to my bed!" Poor little treasure.
I got some work done today. A replacement layout for transparency class and finished this mornings two layouts. Now I need to do two other replacement layouts for transparencies and I will be getting on top of things a bit.
Nothing else major has happened. Oops! that's not right!
A few weeks ago I had sent off a bundle of layouts to Express Publications. They came back today and they have accepted 1xsingle layout and 3xdouble layouts for publications.
I had had a senior moment when I sent the layouts because I was meant to stick some photos on one of them before sending it. So I had to leave a message with Kris Yealand to explain what I had done. She wrote on a letter from them that she really likes the layout but with photos it would look a lot better :)! And could I please send it back to them when it has the photos on it.
So that was exciting news.
I'm going to watch the news on TV now!

No comments: