Saturday, May 13, 2006

Friday Mayhem

A day off - or so I thought! I didn't actually work but I had a very busy day.
It started with meeting Kimmie and Wendy at Scraptac. So that we could co-ordinate and pay for our flights and accomodation to the Kiwi Scraps Convention in August. It took a while, but we are all booked and paid for.
So, then it was off home to drop off bits and pieces and then out again for grocery shopping. And would you believe it - without my being aware of it Richies had dog food on special! Wowie! I bought another 7tins. I think our dog will do OK if we have a big emergency and can't buy food for a while. Actually - the dog will struggle because we will probably end up eating the dog food. Oh yuck! this is getting out of hand!
When I brought home the groceries I remembered that I had framed a gorgeous layout of Riley and had put it up on the wall, so I asked Daniel what he thought of it seeing as Riley is his son. Well that question started a big chain of events.
"I love it Mum. I was wondering if I could buy it off you for Carolina for mothers day?"
"Oh!" was my reply.
Then -"But you don't have one of Joshie and you can't just give her Riley" (I thought that would end the discussion)
"Well Mum do you have a good page of Joshua that I could buy as well?"
I thought and thought and then I (silly me) came up with the idea that I could 'copy' a layout Kim had just brought into the shop and that would be a great page of Joshie to frame.
Well Daniel thought that was ACE.
So I rushed back to the shop. Grabbed the layout and the materials. Bought two more frames and headed off to my scrapbook room.
Mind you the groceries are still sitting on the kitchen bench.
It took me a couple of hours but the framed page looked great.
So Daniel went off home with both frames wrapped in a tablecloth. I hope Carolina likes them.
And me, of course only charged Daniel for the two frames. Although I did tell him my time is worth $200 per hour and he now owes me around $1000. Don't think I'll ever see that!
It was fun though! I get such pleasure out of scrapbooking that to see the page framed was payment enough. And --- my work will be displayed in a new environment. (I just h0pe Carolina doesn't hang them in the boys bedroom - cuz then only little people will see them).
I had an early night after such a busy day.
I have so many projects in my head that I want to do but so little time to do them.
Today I am working. Teaching a class in the afternoon. Then off to visit Gramps, then to call into Martin and Tambi's and then home to make dessert for Mothers/Grandmothers lunch at Andrea's tomorrow.
Better go have that shower.

No comments: