Sunday, September 02, 2007

Farewell to a sweet Friend



This morning I heard that a lovely young friend of mine has passed away. Kristie battled breast cancer two years ago. She was cleared of cancer and began to resume her young life, marrying Luke 18months ago. She has always been the sweetest and loveliest girl. Easy to talk with and always caring about someone else.


The past few weeks she has become ill with something very painful. She was back seeing her oncologist. The story most of us were told was that she had some broken ribs after a car accident.


Through Church we started helping them with a meal for their dinner each night. When it was my turn we chatted for about 1/2hr and she told me what she was experiencing, but now in hindsight, I can see how much she left out. Some of what she said, didn't make sense either and of course now I realise why.


Last Sunday I briefly saw her at Church and she looked so frail and so frightened. My heart went out to her. She was gone before I got to give her a hug.


During the week she was put in to hospital and she developed blood clots in the lungs. This morning she passed away.


A tragic end to a beautiful young life.


Now is the time to remember my faith and my beliefs. I know that she has gone to a place of peace and a place of rest. I know that she is now free from pain and that she has further things to accomplish in her journey.


For Luke, it is so different. Poor boy! My heart goes out to him as do my prayers.


So, to you Kristie - until we meet again!!

No comments: