Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Those 'Sometimes Moments'

I've had a few of those 'sometimes in life' moments over the past few days.
Good things, great things, sad things and unpleasant things. And each of them or their own become something to learn from but when they all come together it can be pretty overwhelming.
Loosing Kristy this week has been an enormous challenge. I'm so glad that her own faith has been such an example to those she has left behind. Giving everyone strength to understand that God Does Work in Mysterious Ways and that when we can't make sense of why things happen in it is our faith and the faith of others that helps so much.
I have really enjoyed starting my new job. I have worked 3 days now and will work again tomorrow. It's nice to be in an environment where you just quietly do your work and people come and go. The professionals there are just that - very professional. It's nice to work in a place where the management have things in control in a pleasant and kind way.
Unpleasant things have come my way too. It seems that sometimes in life you really get hit over the head with who your 'real' and genuine friends are.
That's a pretty overwhelming confrontation.
So, I must say that at the moment it has been quite hurtful but also I realise that being away from an environment that creates such vibes is the best thing that can happen to me.
Resigning from S has now become one of the best ideas I ever had. At the time I had a lot of remorse about my decision. But as things have unfolded over the past month and a bit there has been a huge revelation of where I need to focus now.
At first I really missed the contact with customers and friends, and of course buying scrapbooking products as soon as they arrived in the shop. I longed for being able to go to crops and classes.
Now, I realise that there are so many more important things to direct my energy. I will love scrapbooking for myself and record my own life and that of my family for my family and me to enjoy.
But now I realise that neglecting my family and good friends to work and associate with people at S, was not worth it. I found that there was a huge degree of selfishness amongst some of the scrapbookers - it's all about ME! And I got into that kind of thinking too. Now that I am away from it, I realise how wrong that is for trying to balance my life.
My life was totally out of balance, and fortunately I am now finding it again.
So it's been another week of learning and awareness and generally realising that I am no longer at a cross-road. I have taken a new path and it will lead to better and happier things for me and my family.

No comments: