Saturday, September 29, 2007

Busy,Busy Saturday

I started off Saturday very early, for me that is!
Daniel and his family and Colin & I were assigned to clean our chapel today. What? On Grand Final Day? Not only Grand Final day but also India's birthday party!
So, we were up and at the Chapel for 7:30am. We cleaned toilets, and vacuumed, washed windows and dusted. By 9am we were done! Everything smelt nice and clean and looked good. It was actually a priviledge to have helped to fulfill that assignment. It felt good!
Home for a quick shower etc., and off to McDonalds Karingal for India's party. Weren't we only there two weeks ago? Yep, but that was for Isaacs party.
India turned 5 and she had her friends from Kinder and her cousins of course. Took some cute photos. But not too many this time. Usually I take way too many and never print them all, or scrapbook them all.
After the party we went back to Mart and Tambi's for a little while to check out Indias presents. She got so many Bratz dolls and pretty girly stuff. I made her the Princess Castle book which is a kit class put out by Aussie Scrap Source. I made it out of Basic Grey Pheobe paper and looked just gorgeous. She loves it and it's already on display in her room.
Then it was off to Andrea's house to watch the footie game.
The game wasn't much - a bit blow-out. But the outcome was great. Not that I am a Geelong supporter, but you couldn't deny them the idea of winning a Grand Final after 44yrs.
Dan and Carolina came over as well, with the kids. Then Mart, Tambi and the kids came over and we had fish and chips and pizza for dinner.
Now after a day of Maccas, pizza and chips I feel disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!
Not the best thing for the waist line. Actually, what waist line?? I can't even find mine.
Work has been great this week. I worked about 25.5hrs. Still learning, but getting more confident. I worked by myself again on Wednesday night. And monday night is my first 'big night' on my own. I think I'll be OK. Maybe.
So, I went to get my UltraSound results from Dr.Nic. It turns out the big lump in my neck is a lymph node which sits right next to my thyroid. On my thyroid is a growth of some sort and the lymph node is not happy about it and is reacting to it.
Now I'm not getting jumpy just yet. Although I have been looking on the internet.........just to scare myself.
Nic tried to get me in to see one of his 'throat men' but both are on holidays. Of course! And he himself is on holidays this week!!!! Great medical care! Actually he is sending me off for a needle biopsy. Yikes!!!!! Just the thought of that is frightening enough let alone that the fact a biopsy is only done to check out if the 'thing' is cancer or not.
But, I'm trying not to think along those lines. Just taking one step at a time.
So, the next step is this needle biopsy which I get done on Tuesday morning. I hope it doesn't hurt...........!!!!
I have an appointment with Nic on Saturday morning to get those results. Not thinking that far ahead either.
Because, next Saturday is Sahns birthday party. She will be 2yrs old. I can't believe how fast time goes.
The following Saturday is Lamonts birthday and he will be 8.
The Saturday after that is pretty much my birthday.....but we wont' go there.
Gonna do some ironing and then watch The Bill. Love that show!

No comments: