Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Nervous Wait

Yesterday I discovered a very large lump on the side of my neck. Yikes! Was my first reaction and then got all nervous and worried. I hadn't had an accident or bumped my neck. I had been a bit sick with a cold, fever and sinus stuff - so maybe it's just nothing.
Of course all the crap I've had to deal with over the past couple of months would not help to have a non-stressed and healthy body. All that stress isn't good for anyone.
Went to my friend Dr.Nic and he didn't know what it is so sent me off for an ultrasound today. After having three people prod and push around my neck for 45mts I still don't know what it is.
The last person to play with the ultrasound was the Doctor and he thinks it's an enlarged gland. About 3.9cm which is huge!! But doesn't know why and what it's consisting of.
'Do I have to worry?' I asked him. 'Well maybe yes, or maybe no. I can't say without further tests.'he said.
So what further tests? Maybe a CT scan and/or a needle biopsy.
Now I'm really worried. And, why can't they do all that today so I don't have to wait and get all anxious in the meantime.
Don't they know I need answers today?????
OK, I have decided I am not going to get stressed and worried unless I have to. I don't believe it's anything sinister because it just appeared so quickly.
For now, that's my position. And if I start to think differently I will need to just get myself back on track.
Otherwise I could be using up so many emotions and that would be exhausting and it might all be for nothing.
So here's to a positive mind set while I wait, and wait, and wait.

No comments: