Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Moving Right Along

Last time I wrote that I had taken up Ali Edwards' challenge to organise my scrapbooks. Well, I am nearly there!
It's been quite a job. Kind of fun seeing all my older work and wondering if I should maybe redo them....but it's more fun to leave them and just appreciate having learned more over the years.
Each of my grandchildren now have their own album. In fact some of the older ones are now on to their second albums.
Poor Harrison....the youngest grandchild only has 4 layouts done of him. Now that's really not good!!!!
I have chucked out some of my first actual albums which were looking pretty awful and thrown away a lot of page protectors.
Hence I am waiting for an internet order from Blue Bazaar for another 100+ page protectors.
I decided to count the layouts as I put them in to their new homes and I have done around 1,000 pages. Then there are the OTP things as well for gifts or to keep.
That's pretty amazing really. Imagine if each page costs around $10 on average....that's over $10,000. that's saying nothing about the stuff in my scrapbook room and the costs of albums and page protectors. Wow!!!!!
I am now ready to hang little tags on each album so I know exactly what is in them. No more pulling out each one till I find what I am looking for. Then I'm finished and ready to go back to creating.

Last week I went with my friend Sandra to see Kite Runner. What a movie!!! It plays out in Afghanistan and is an amazing,difficult and emotional journey of two young boys who start off as friends. We are so lucky that our children and grandchildren and ourselves too, have been or are being raised in Australia. What a blessing our freedom and our culture is.

Anzac Day we abandoned the idea of our traditional football match and went up in to the mountains to Sherbrooke.
It was a gorgeous day, really balmy. I just love the filtered lighting and took plenty of photos. Most of them of Harrison so I will have plenty of opportunities to create some layouts for him.
We had some lovely walks and we all brought lunch. It was so relaxing. And it was the first time since I had my cancer treatments that I have been on a day-outing with my family.
It sure felt good.
I was so tired when we got home.....but it was a wonderful, comfortable and happy tired.

On Saturday 3 of my nieces and a friend of one all came to visit. Two live in Adelaide and two live in Sydney. They all decided to meet up in Melbourne, and made a special trip down to see Colin and Me. Seems like none of them have changed and they are all just special and sweet.

On Monday I had an appointment to see the surgeon who took out the remaining 'shell' of the abscess I had. A couple of needles, 5mts in the chair, a couple of stitches and it was all done.
Now I just have to go back for 2 appts to check it and then to have the stitches out and that saga should be finished.
Yesterday I looked after Sahn and Orson for the morning. How cute they both were and so very good for me. I just adore my grandchildren.Although I did need a nanna-nap once they went home. That's not unusual cuz I have one of those most days....at least a rest for a couple of hours.
So that's where I've been spending my time....and now I need to do some ironing and get the bread maker started. Just love that smell!!!

No comments: