Monday, April 21, 2008

What More Could You Want

Posted by PicasaFresh flowers brought home by a loving husband and yummy home made bread!!!!
I love the flowers!!! The colour is stunning and especially love the bright green centre. They are such 'happy flowers'.
Flowers from Colin go back a long way. There was a time, up untill about 2yrs ago, when he never remembered my birthday or did anything special for me personally like going out of his way to buy something. And one day I decided to address that and talk with him about it. Since then he has never failed to make sure there is a vase of fresh flowers in the house. And I think that's especially sweet. He caught on to the message and hasn't forgotten it. And that is amazing for a male!!!
The home made bread....well now I bought the bread maker about 7yrs ago. I used it quite a bit at first and then started working and the machine sat in the cupboard. Andrea borrowed it for a few months and then it came back to my house to sit in a different cupboard.
For some reason when I wasn't well enough to cook at all, I got it in to my head that home made bread was going to be one of the first things I make when I can.
I saw some recipe's of yummy sweet rolls and scrolls some weeks back and it reminded me of my intent to use the bread maker.
And....I have used it a few times now, but the pictures of the loaf of bread is my first home made food since being sick. The whole house smelt yummy. And the bread tastes fantastic!!!!!
In fact that's what I'm going to have for lunch today. One slice is all I need...it's very filling.

No comments: