Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I just love Pt.Leo. The beaches are so wide and clean. The tide is very strong though and not for the novice swimmers on this side.
You can see Phillip Island in the background. It's great looking at the rock pools, moving little rocks to see what living creatures are underneath. I took some photos, and you wouldn't know that the image was through water, it was just so crystal clear.




I am sitting at my 'puter' waiting for a very special friend of mine, Jean, to come and pick me up so we can go out for lunch. Of course one thing I always do when I am just waiting is start surfing on the computer. Usually scrapbook sites!!!!!

And I have also been reflecting on the past week and realise that I am doing really good.

During last week I had some struggles with myself. I wasn't feeling particularly content and happy but couldn't work out why or what wasn't right.

Over the past six months I have been so unwell and exhausted from all the medical tests and treatment that I was reasonably content to be a blob on a log!!!!

Now that most of that is behind me I have this mental 'thing' that life should be bouncing and that I should be bouncing along with it. Which isn't happening. Understandably so, considering it's only been 4 weeks since my last chemo and 3 weeks since my last actual treatment. And even though I am feeling better, I have no where near the energy I am expecting of myself.

Also......I now have a whole new future ahead. No work!!!! Which is great, but also brings it's own challenges.

I am so used to a schedule, routine. So all the housework or other things that needed doing I would just get in there and do because there was never time to muck around about deciding when to do them. Now I have had 6 months of everyone else doing the work, and the cooking and I am slowly taking back the reigns. But, I am not motivated at all and reluctantly do what I have to. I guess that's partly normal. Reluctance to do housework!!!!!!

Anyhow I understand now why last week I was having a frustrating week, and I figured that I now need to start to Balance my life better.

I need to identify the important things I want to invest time in and start to do that. Even if it's only a small amount of time at the moment. I can build up later.


Last weekend Colin and I had to go to the Royal Melbourne Hospital. I had to have a blood test there. The first stage of my drug allergy testing. Colin said he'd take me cuz he knows the back way to get there.

Well, we ended up going via Port Melbourne and Footscray!!!!! Men!!!!!!! Just for a 20mt visit into the hospital! And he had the nerve to get annoyed that I hadn't checked out where the parking is!!!


Saturday we went to the Movies. We have quite a few tickets that have been given to us as gifts, but because I wasn't well enough we didn't get to go. We went to see the Spiderwick Chronicles. A lovely, fun movie. And it was great to get out. And.....to eat popcorn!!!!! It tasted good!


Sunday I went to Church in the morning. In the afternoon Colin (who wants any excuse to drive my 'manual' car) decided to take a drive to Pt.leo.

I love Pt.Leo. My parents used to take us there all the time and we did likewise with out children. On the way home we would stop at an apple orchard and buy boxes of freshly picked apples. We would munch on them all the way home.

It was just so lovely strolling along the wide open beach there. The tide was going out, there was a bit of wind and on the Surf side there were quite a lot of big waves still.

How refreshing to walk in the crisp clean air and listen to the waves crashing on the rocks.

It seems like forever since I have been 'out' somewhere that isn't to do with hospitals and medical appointments.

And...I even took my camera so there are some photos as evidence!!!


Yesterday was back to medical appointments. Had to see Nick Houseman, the surgeon who is looking after me for the abscess I had on my neck. He still wants to take the shell of it out, to prevent any future problems. So, that's happening in two weeks. Just with a local aneasthetic though.


And today I had to have another blood test, and thursday a check-up with Gary Richardson my Oncologist.

These medical appointments don't stay away for too long!!!


I've been a bit 'naughty' buying some 'stuff' on the Internet. I've visited Blue Bazaar and The Scrap Heap. I've subscribed to Paper Trends Cards magazine for six months. And I've purchased two older issues and the latest issue of same magazine.

I've got the new Scenic Route paper coming.......and bought bits and pieces of the new Basic Grey ranges.

Even though I have a million $'s worth of paper and things here already.

It's so much fun expecting parcels!!!! Although a bricks and mortar shop is so much better. Hmm......must go and visit one of those too. But, which one???

I'm also feeling like doing a class here and there so will have to find out who is teaching what, when.


Time to get some dinner ready........!!! Although I don't feel like eating because my friend Jean and I have been to lunch now (yes this blog has been done in two sittings, obviously!).

1 comment:

kazy2004 said...

You have had someone with no better thing to do than annoy others with their silly comments Anna. What i did when this happened was copy the text from my post, paste into a new one, and then delete the old one, so good bye annoying people.

Glad you are out and about, sounds like a perfect trip to Pt Leo. The news about your daughters friend is very sad. I hope they have the strength to get through it like you did.

Now lets have a coffee.Do you want to go to Southland, or a coffee shop in Mordialloc/Parkdale or somewhere else.

Cheers karen