Monday, April 14, 2008

Shouldn't have, but.........!

I have been such a villain over the past week. I have had internet orders arriving quite regularly.....more scrapbooking 'stuff'. I swore that I would use what I have first....but the temptation is beyond my strength.
And....I have also visited Paper2 just to have some fun walking around a bricks and mortar store. I also visited Paper Heaven... and for the third time been offered a part time job there. Not interested though!.
So, what fun stuff have I enjoyed buying? Stamps......great ones for cards and for scrapbook pages, some of the new Basic Grey papers, cardstock, and the new Scenic Route papers, and K&Co stickers which I find great for my scrapbooking. And...just 'stuff' I like or have to have or need!!!!
I really need to put the reigns on this spending...considering that I am not earning anything anymore.
I have done about 11 pages of my Cancer Journey journal. I am having a lot of fun with the embellishment aspect. Using a great bird stamp and some butterfly stamps and some ribbon. The 7Gypsies 97%complete stickers are fantastic as well. Especially the Gratitude one.

It's so good to feel energetic, even if it is only for 1/2 the day.
Had a good report from my Oncologist last week. My blood tests show that everything is returning to normal.
Today I had my second visit to the naturopath and start a program of detoxing my body from all the 'crap' from the chemo.

Things are looking good.

Getting used to driving my manual Astra. I feel like I'm a bit of a racing driver pushing through the gears all the time. Just find it difficult listening to talk back radio at the same time, like I used to. Still have to concentrate!

I found the manual for my breadmaker and am keen to start having the smell of freshly baked bread through my house.
Something that I havn't done since starting work 5years ago. And...I'm actually looking forward to a bit more healthy cooking and eating. Now that my appetite is returning.

Colin and I go for a walk everynight. We are now increasing the distance....but the pace is pretty slow. That's my fault! However, it's good that we get out there for about 40mts each day.

Loving the cooler weather. And the little snippets of rain here and there.

This week I'm catching up with Anita for an early lunch, and Robyn and Rosemary for lunch on friday. Can't wait to see them all and have a chat.
And, I'm waiting for Karen to email me back with a time for a morning 'coffee' (I don't drink coffee, but hot chocolate sounds good!). Hint,hint!!!

Yesterday went to General Conference. There were so many people there who I have known for umpteen years. I felt very conspicuous, wearing my usual 'headgear', but those people who I did get to speak to just hugged me and expressed their love and concern.
I was glad to get out of there though. Maybe next time, in another 3months when it's Stake Conference I might have a bit of hair.

It's starting to grow a little bit. Feels like soft baby hair and it's white! I'm going to have to cope with that colour for quite some time and probably stay blonde/white from now on.

A new me!

1 comment:

kazy2004 said...

Right Anna,
how about Monday, my sister will be here, so i can get out of the house without the kids. Will email you, and You are a champ getting 11 pages done already, you have blitzed my scrappin effort of late. How awesome is Paper 2. Ok chat soon.
cheers Karen