Monday, March 31, 2008

The saddest news.

I've just been speaking to Andrea and she has past on the saddest news. My girls are all good friends with a beautiful young Mum, Tuliane. 15 months ago she was in the last stages of her second pregnancy when she developed very debilitating head aches.
She was eventually taken to hospital by ambulance, the baby was taken by caesarean and she was diagnosed with a very in-currable brain tumour.
She has had chemo and radiation during the past 15 months. Sometimes the news was encouraging, sometimes not.
Last week she started loosing feeling on one side of her body, so she had lots more tests done. And..she has a second brain tumour. Also one that cannot be operated on because of where it is. Very deeply inbedded in her brain, as is the original tumour.
Tuliane has now basically lost all movement, and speech. The doctors have said it is only a matter of days, maybe a few weeks before she will be gone.
What a tradgedy. A young Mum with a little son and a 3 year old daughter being left behind.
She is such a beautiful girl. Could have been a model. Not that this is important, but it is such a waste.
The other thing is, is that she has an identical twin sister which is very, very hard for everyone, including her sister.

All this makes me feel strange. Here am I at 58yrs old and I have gone in to remission. With my on going treatment I have a 90% chance of the cancer not returning.
And I ask why? I know there is a God, directing the affairs of mankind. That we will never know the answers to everything while we are here on earth.
But it sure tests my faith a little bit sometimes when there doesn't seem to be a way of making sense of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been searching online for a while now and have come across this searching for somebodys name.

Would you happen to know the surname of Tuliane?

I have had no luck finding the person I am looking for so taking leaps like these to look for the person is the only thing I can do.