Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4th

July 4th is a very special day in my family. Firstly it was my Mothers birthday (she has passed away). It is my father's sisters birthday (otherwise known as my Auntie) and now it is my brand new baby grandsons birthday as well!
Forget American Indepence Day!!
Baby Harrison Joel was born at 2.40am and weighed 7lb2oz. He has lots of dark hair and a round little face. He is very cute. Mum (Carolina is doing great!)
So you might ask where is a photo?? Well, Nanna Anna, the great scrapbooker forgot her camera!!! Ok now wise cracks! (about the 'great scrapbooker' bit that is!). I do have some photos on my phone but I havn't worked out yet how to get them on to my computer. I will get some on my camera today.
So I have had a very busy time going over to their home at midnight. Trying to get some sleep, but there were lots of text messages and phone calls happening all night.
Joshua and Riley had the biggest grins on their faces when they saw me in their house when they woke up. I told them where mumma was (in hospital) and that they have a new baby brother. Riley: "Has Harrison popped out now?" Joshua: "What team is he on?" Well to the first question I could calmly say that yes Harrison had popped out now. To the second question...well. The team thing is that Carolina and Joshua have green eyes and Daniel and Riley have blue eyes. Joshua decided that meant they were on teams. I tried to explain that we won't know for a little while which colour eyes Harrison is going to have.
So yesterday was very busy. Packing clothes for them both to bring over, taking Joshua to kinder. Doing some shopping for dinner. Making dinner. Riley having a very short sleep. Picking up Joshie from Kinder and going to the hospital to visit their new baby brother. No wonder I forget something essential. (the camera!).
Then home, in the dark. Dinner, bath and then bed. I was wasted. Just stayed on the couch to watch All Saints when Riley decided he needed to do poo! Now Riley doesn't just do poo and get off the toilet and back to bed. It takes him forever. So didn't get to see much of All Saints.
Anyway it was nice to get to bed.
A very special day for our family and especially for Daniel and his family. What a blessing it is when each new life comes to join our family.
We are now blessed with 10 grandchildren. Hard to believe! Each one is sooo unique and have such sweet spirits. They certainly 'complete me'!
So, today has been full of running around to kinder, a bit of shopping and partly made dinner. Soon I need to get Joshie. We're having Maccas for lunch. Home for a little rest. Back to the hospital. etc.etc.etc.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: