Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Bumps in The Road

Those bumps in the road on our journey of life seem to be around too many corners at the moment.
We have been all elated with the arrival of baby Harrison. Enjoying most of my time with Riley and Joshie.
However, family problems with our eldest daughter, Andrea has certainly put a damper on the elation.
We knew that Andrea and husband, Jethro, were having some serious problems but things have escalated to very unpleasant scenarios. Hence I have been over with her in Cranbourne a lot (there goes my holidays!) providing moral support and babysitting when necesarry. It's a constant thing at the moment.
However, she is going to get some legal help soon and that should quiet him down.
It's one of the most horrible things to go through as a Mum. Here is my daughter who is now nearly 30yrs old in a relationship which I now know has been physically violent. He has left the house but can come in and out whenever it suits him and shout and yell at her in front of the kids. Say whatever he likes and leave her an absolute emotional and mental wreck. Every time I call her and she says 'I can't talk, will call you back', I know he is over there. And I get all anxious waiting for her to call. When/if that takes a while I start imagining horrible scenes and my anxiety goes through the roof. The relief when she calls and I hear her voice is amazing.
She is a strong girl and she won't be manipulated by him anymore which is frustrating him.
We pray that she will be able to have the energy and mental strength to be able to get through this time in her life.
This will be a very important page for her to scrapbook. Maybe for me as well. When I look at photos of her as a little girl my heart breaks because of her innocence and sweetness. As a Mum I never hoped then, that she would have to deal with these things now.
It's tough being a Mum. Even when your children are older you don't cut the nurturing ties with them. Their pain is my pain. Their joy is my joy.
So, today I have stayed at home. Finally! (well, OK, I did make a trip to Scraptacular!) and having been making a mini album for my Handmade books class. I like it! I hope others do too!
I am so 'proud' to be part of Team Scraptacular! The new website is amazing! I knew it could be done! (by someone else! not me!).
And....knowing some of the plans coming up for the future it is all so exciting!
I can't wait for the weekend away.
Although I do have the Crafting Connection to look forward to before that!
Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Thank goodness for scrapbooking.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

OHH Anna,
i am in tears, my heart breaks for her. Such a beautiful girl!!!

talk to you soon

SARAH