Tuesday, June 13, 2006

So Excited

I am so excited this morning. Tuesday 13th June is a good day. Firstly IGA have 'dog food' on special. Again!! I can go and buy a whole months supply this morning. Whoopeee!!! I know, it's pretty lame. But if I can save some money I can get pretty excited.
And then, of course Colin had to watch the Soccer last night. And I kept on sleeping but I could just hear (in between snoring) what was happening and I thought we were gone, and then it all happened. Three goals in the last 8 minutes!! I didn't think I cared about soccer!!! But gee it was exciting!!! I had to use my lovely lavendar spray to help me get back to sleep. Actually it was more to disguise the sweaty smell from Colin. He thought he had been playing soccer with the Aussies - and he stank! So needless to say all the bedding is churning around in the washing machine right now.
Then the other exciting thing is that I am not pregnant or in labour. This might be an odd thing to say, but 28yrs ago I was. It's Martins birthday today! It seems a strange thing to actually take in that it was 28yrs ago. It seems like about 6yrs. And sometimes he behaves as if he is 6! Only kidding!
Then also today is Scraptaculars 4th birthday! That's an achievement for Jodie and one she really needs congratulating on. Cuz Scraptacular is a fantastic place to come to, to work at and to meet new friends.
After all that what else have I done? Last night we had dinner with Martin,Tambi, Isaac, India and McKenzie at ???? I can't remember the name but it starts with an M and is just around the corner on Springvale Road. The food was yummy and it was lovely sharing some time with the 'junior Blyths'. I guess that makes us the 'senior blyths'. Poor India wasn't very well. She was cold all the time and started shaking. Once she had a blanket wrapped around her she fell asleep. Poor darling!
Sunday night we had our family pot-luck dinner at Martin and Tambi's. Everyone made such yummy food. There is always too much. But that's good because there is always someone who needs a bit of help with a meal for the next day. Carolina being 8months pregnant is the recipient at the moment.
We took Riley and Joshua in our car from Big Gramps' (colins Dad) and Joshua asked me if their baby is going to be in the blue team or the green team. It took a while to work that out but he meant what colour eyes is their baby going to have. Blue or Green? Riley pipes up and says: "I'm in the blue team!" He does have blue eyes. And Joshua: "I'm in the green team". Gee they are funny with the things the little ones say.
Saturday I spent running around shopping and doing bits and pieces! Then home to make a cake and a casserolle for Sunday.
It's nice to feel reasonably well again. I still feel a bit washed out and tired but I am doing really good. Which is great.
Today I am going in to work. Not to work, but to play!! Jodie is doing a class (impromptu) using the new Collections tiles. And it is Scraptacs birthday to celebrate and it is also a crop. So a happy day it will be. Although I do need to come home and finish my little Handmade Book number 7 for a class.
That's it!
Except I have another Monty-ism. He was in the car with Mum (Sara) and they were driving somewhere where he wasn't familiar with the area and he said:"This is like driving in mayonaise!" What? After a bit Sara figured out he meant ' a maze'.
Then when it got foggy he said said:"It's very froggy out there Mummy, can you see OK?"
I love it!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I wish my dog would eat can food so i could pick up a bargain too... Unfortunately he has home cooked rice, vegies and mince meat LOL.. Spoilt rotten......