Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just forgetting a few things!

I havn't even mentioned Easter. We had our traditional family BBQ at Braeside Park, which includes an easter egg hunt, of course. This year was also grandaughter McKenzie's birthday. She turned 3 and that is hard to believe in and of itself.
The grandkids all had a great time, because everyone brought their bikes as well.
Sahn had a blast playing in some muddy water, Tambi organised the children to run races and as per usual we had way too much food.
What was really special though was a wonderful gesture of kindness and sharing that Carolina organised. There was an asian family sitting quite near us, and were playing close to where we hid the easter eggs for the children. When the children came charging over there and gathering up eggs in to their bags the asian children were just standing there watching. Of course, being children they would have felt a bit sad looking at what our kids were doing.
Once all the eggs had been found, Carolina had them each give up some of theirs, put them in a bag and the children took them to the asian children. These children were so happy and amazed at their good fortune.
Our children learned a great principle.....to share. And everyone of them were happy. In fact the older Asian boys came and played with some of our kids and that's how children can teach us so much.
McKenzie got a lovely baby doll for her birthday. This doll was wearing a cute little hat. When McKenzie took the hat off she proudly said "This baby looks like Grandma, she hasn't got any hair, and she wears a hat like Grandma too!."

The other thing I forgot was that my dear husband took me to Paperific on friday. He walked around with me, watching me spend money, and just taking care of me.
I met up with quite a few people I've known for years in the Scrapbooking industry, but havn't seen forever.
I loved browsing around the new papers and the huge range of clear stamps that are available now.
I was particularly looking for stamps suitable for card making and was lucky enough to find a few good bargains.
Just loving the new Basic Grey ranges as well........yep, I did buy a bit here and there.
We were only there an hour...which was plenty for me.........but it was sooooooo much fun!!!!!

No comments: