Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Big Decision

Today I joined the ranks of the unemployed/retired. By choice! I have been so unsure since my cancer battle, of what I am going to do in the future.
My employers have been absolutely amazing. I have received free treatment whenever I have wanted/needed it. They have supported me throughout the past six months in a way that I never expected. They have kept a position available for me even though I havn't actually worked since mid November.
And that's what has made me decide that in fairness to them, I cannot expect them to continue to do all that if I am unsure of actually returning to work at all.
So, today I spoke with one of my bosses, Vickie, and decided that I resign as of today. However, if in twelve months down the track I feel that I really would like a job then I will call them.

This has been a real relief to me, having made this decision. I don't feel that I want to put myself through the 'stress' that's involved with working anymore. I don't think it's good for me physically and that is a huge concern.

The past four or five years have been hectic and busy for me. I have worked hard at doing what I love.....scrapbooking, and then in my new job for a short while. But, that has all taken it's toll on me and after the journey of the past six months I know that I can't put myself back in to that kind of environment. Not for a long while.

My biggest focus has to be getting myself in to the best health that I can. Therefore tomorrow I have an appointment with a naturopath. I have been saving my last pay so I can afford what he recommends!!! I know they are expensive.
My next focus is spending unhurried time with my family. Over the past five I have always had to fit in some time whilst I was busy, and now I want to turn that around and be free to hang out.
I also want to spend more time with friends. I have renewed some 'old' friendships and I of course have great friends whom I have stayed in touch with regularly.These ladies are very special . They have supported and helped and loved me through this difficult time.

I think that I will find myself quite busy and occupied.
I have some ideas of making a few $'s in the future....if and when I am ready. However, that is far ahead of me as yet.

So, the big decision has been made and executed and I feel relief!!! And, I am broke!!!! No more little/medium/big purchases on the internet. Well...that is except my regular monthly dose of Scrapbook Trends. Just love that mag. And then there's the monthly Card book!!!! Uhmm.....will have to find some discipline.

No comments: