Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Pleasant Week






This past week has been really lovely. Although I still feel really tired most of the time, and still need a good rest every afternoon, I am at last able to begin doing some things.
I even shared in cleaning my house!!! Not the hard stuff though, just the dusting and cleaning up the kitchen.
A few weeks ago I got a new car!!!! Yep!!! We decided that having a 4 wheel drive that was extremelly thirsty is just plain ridiculous and so we have another Astra. This one is the new model in a dark grey colour. The thing with it is though, it's manual!!!! I'm getting used to it but it sure means that I have to really concentrate all the time which is quite a challenge for me at the best of times. It's a gorgeous car to drive though. Even better than our other 'older' Astra.\

Tomorrow I am hosting a lunch for my 'girls' (just happens it's school holidays so all the grandkids will be there too!!) to say a 'big' thank you for the amazing help they have given to me over the past six months. Not only physically but emotionally and spiritually as well. And the two little words 'thank you' seem very inadequate to convey my feelings and thoughts about these four wonderful women.
So, I've bought them each a gift, and made a card for each of them too. Mind you it has taken me all week to make them. I have a new 'must do' and that is any card I make I make two. One to give away and one for my stash!! That way I always have something on hand when I don't have time to make something.
I need to do a male birthday card for this week, and then I am going to get on with my journal of my cancer story. I really want to get that finished.
Then, I plan to start some scrapbooking again.
I have added pictures of the cards because that's my way of remembering designs that I might want to copy in the future.

No comments: