Saturday, February 23, 2008

Through the bathroom door!

Today I am feeling the usual yuck and tiredness from a big chemo session and overnight stay at the hospital.
However, I am also feeling very blessed, very grateful and very happy.....because........my dear oncologist, Gary Richardson, came to see me yesterday morning and reported on my test results. Everything is clear!!!!! The cancer is gone!!!!!! No tumours!!!!!!
I wanted to give him a big hug, but that was difficult because I was actually just gotten out of the shower (I was at the hospital) and so this wonderful news came to me through the bathroom door!!! How ordinary is that???
I know that this result has come through the love, support and strength that I have received from a Heavenly Father who loves me, a family who love me, friends who love me and all the wonderful medical help I have received.
My heart is full, and even though I still need to finish another three weeks of chemo I know it has done what it needed to and the light at the end of the tunnel is shining very, very bright.
I cry at anything and everything at the moment.....good things, happy things, basically anything.
Sometimes I feel that this whole journey is happening to someone else.....except that I feel the yuckiness of it all. And I just plod through each day and cope with whatever comes my way. I think when the journey reaches it's end I will then fully comprehend what I have been dealing with.
That's why it's good that I have been recording so much for my journal. I will be able to reflect on where I have been, how I've coped and gotten through.
So, now that I am back in to the full chemo thing I won't be 'doing' much.
I have watched 10 episodes of the current Greys Anatomy. Currently on to Brothers and Sisters and then I might even get interested in Desperate Housewives.
I feel excited that 2008 is going to be a bright year. Full of getting my life back in to balance and my health into balance as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

anna
that is THE best news ive heard all week
big congratulations and hugs for you..

good luck for the remaining chemo

cheers
jane

Dawn Stan said...

Anna, I am so happy for you. Your news has made my day.

kazy2004 said...

Woo Hoo Anna,
I am doing a happy dance for you.

3 weeks will be a walk in the park now.

Cheers Karen

Claire said...

What fabulous news Anna, I am very happy for you and your family.