Sunday, September 28, 2008

What's Been Happening


Sleepover at Papa and Nanna's. Joshua and Monty doing some scrapbooking!



Monty at Mini Golf


Joshua at Mini golf


Colin with his new toy.....a good lawnmower at last!!!
It's been a busy couple of weeks....as per usual. What with school holidays I've had 'little people' around me quite a bit. And there have been plenty of 'family events' happening as well.

On the 11th of September Isaac turned 8yrs old. Our eldest grandchild!!!! And he's already 8 now. Which also meant that he is old enough to be baptised.
So, on the 13th was Isaac's baptism followed by a celebration and birthday party. All held at the beautiful new Cranbourne Chapel. It was so special to see Isaac enter the waters of baptism and become a fully fledged member of the Church. Several of us were asked to participate in the service, which is really lovely. I made him a special baptism box....all in white with special things in it to help him remember why he chose to be baptised and what that means to him.
The party afterwards was crazy. The children got all the balloons down and tore around the hall. I must say my little grandchildren and children sure do look great when they really dress up!

Monty stays with us for two nights and I decided to include Joshua one of those nights and Riley another. Boy that did my head in!!! Monty stayed revved up the entire two days and two nights. I was exhausted and so happy to see Sara on Wednesday afternoon. We had fun though. I took Monty and Joshua to mini golf one day and out for lunch...the next day I took Monty, Joshua and Riley to see Wall E. Loved it and so did they.
I then had a few days break which ended up being busy anyhow. Chiropractic appointment, Dr's appointment and a visit to Contours Gym at Aspendale Gardens. That visit ended up in my joining there. I love the idea of doing a workout in 30mts.....and having it tailored just right for my needs at the moment. Those needs being to start building up my stamina and getting a little fitness happening. I so badly need that after the toll my body has taken with chemo etc.

Last Saturday was not only Grand Final day but also India's 6th birthday! Our eldest grandaughter is now six!!! She's such a girly girl this one.....as opposed to her sister, McKenzie!
We all met together at Andrea's new home for a BBQ and a party for India.....then sat down to watch the football. I started off deciding I wanted Geelong to win....but somehow changed during the 1st quarter and ended up going for Hawthorn. Don't ask me why because I really can't stand Hawthorn......but they played good and it was a fantastic game.
My Oncologist, Gary, will be stoked. He is a member of HFC and has memorabillia all around his rooms.

Havn't done much scrapbooking. I did do three pages of my cancer journal last Sunday...staying up way too late. But I so enjoyed it. Apart from a couple of cards I made I didn't get any where near my scrapbook room....except.....to put some new 'stuff' in it that I had ordered on the internet. New Basic Grey, Fancy Pants Christmas papers....and other bits and pieces. Oh dear!!! I really need to stop buying. But...it's so much fun!
I am so glad that I kept a good journal on my blog whilst going through my challenges because I can so easily refer back and get all the details right...and remember my feelings and difficulties and those things that gave me so much strength and help.

So, I now need to get ready for the new week. I've got an appointment at the Gym for 7:30am..yikes!!! that's early for me!!!! Then off to visit with Karen Yates.....hope you've remembered I'm coming!!!!
Two nights of having Monty come and stay and then I need to fit in India & McKenzie and we are all going to Myuna Farm on Thursday....and I guess I'll just be continuing to take heaps of photos and not getting any printed or scrapbooked. Just too busy!!!!

Note to self:......put photos on discs and get some printed!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: