Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A Happy Fathers Day Weekend

We all had such a fun weekend. I organised a Family 10 pin bowling activity for us all. It was such great fun. We had three lanes going and all the grown-ups and all the grandchildren except Harrison and Sahne joined in for 2 games. We mixed up the children with the adults and had some healthy competition going. So many laughs....a few little frustrations and a whole heap of fun.
Earlier in the day I had gone to LaPorchetta and ordered 10 pizzas to be ready for 5pm so Colin, Blake and I went and picked them up after bowling.
Got home to a ravenous bunch of wild things......The pizza's just flew out the door. Then the children all played so happily outside....the adults had a few moments to breathe.
Then 5 of them had baths...which was heaps of fun. Harrison and Sahne had a bath together for the first time. He was so happy to see her again. They are little buddies those two.
It was extra special because of being Fathers Day and the men all got spoiled.

It was also extra special because Andrea and the children are back with us. This is not where she wants to me at the moment, and is having huge struggles...BUT...the rest of us are very, very happy they are home.

Blake spent had a sleepover with us, came to Church with us and then Joshua and Riley came back with us too for some lunch and a play. I must say, by the time we took Blake back home I was really exhausted.

Only to have to get up early and head off in to the city to the Royal Melbourne Hospital for further drug allergy testing. I didn't get home untill 7pm so that was another exhausting experience. And to make it worse they want to do some intravenous testing now. So I'll have to go back there again in the near future.
Today I had the very pleasant...NOT.... mammogram!! Hoping that's all clear.
And I have now cooked 2 large lasagna's made two salads, baked some rolls and painted a box.

The food is for Mart, Tambi, Andrea and the 7 children all living in the one house still. (Waiting for Andrea's stuff to arrive hopefully tomorrow) and the box is for Isaac.

Isaac turns 8 on thursday. I cannot believe it. It was only a short while ago that he was such a chubby baby with puffy feet and hands. Now he is so skinny.....wouldn't think it was the same boy.
So, with Isaac turning 8 it also means he gets baptised. His baptism is on Saturday.....and Tambi asked me to make a White Baptism Box for him. It is full of items that will help him remember the importance of his Baptism day.
A big party after too!!!!!! I have to make pasta salad for 70 people. I've found what I think looks like a really nice recipe...hope it's yummy.

Speaking of yummy...I am hungry....havn't had lunch yet and it's nearly 2pm. Have baked some bread rolls and am going to have one right now!

No comments: