Wednesday, September 03, 2008

More Memories

The days are flying by so quickly. It makes me wonder how I ever had time to work! I lots of plans for creative 'things' I want to do or finish and I just don't seem to get much time to sit in my scrapbook room and create.
Admittedly it seems like I keep catching little bugs. Not big bugs...just little ones. But enough to make me feel very tired as my body tries to fight them off. That's one of the issues with having had Lymphoma...because it's that part of your blood system that works to fight off infections etc. So I am vulnerable to catching things. Thank goodness they are all only little bugs. yesterday I had big plans in the afternoon.....then I feel asleep and didn't wake up till 4:45pm. A bit of a shock...however whilst I'm sleeping is the best time for my body to wage it's attack. This week it's my sinus', last week it was a tummy bug....and so on.

It's been a big week for our family. Andrea and her children are now home. The poor girl is gutted, thin, gaunt and barely hanging together. And as a mum I cannot cope very well with seeing my daughter in this state. I want to fix it..and I can't. Time will and lots of love and support will. I feel so much for my beautiful girl! She hasn't moved in to a place by herself yet, they are all still staying with Martin and his family. Tambi has been amazing and so supportive. Not easy having 7 children under 7 and 3 adults to wash cook and clean for every day.

I have done some fun things. Last week as a group from Church we got together to make up over-night packs for children. These packs are for womens refuge centres. Usually women arrive with their children and nothing else. So in the packs we have sox,undies, toothbrush,toothpaste,comb a little gift and pajamas that we made. So we had a wonderful time last week with 9 sewing machines revving up all day sewing nighties and pajamas. And other ladies packed everything together in lovely bags. We got 20 done in one day. Pretty good. It feels so good to be involved in something like this. Giving of my own time for someone I don't even know. Hoping that it will bring a smile on the face of a little one. This is what service is all about and it leaves you with a great positive feeling about your own circumstances.

I have finally treated myself to a MixMaster. I havn't had a food mixer for years and now that I am home and making things from scratch again I really missed having one. Today I planned to make a large batch of pastry (which I then divide and freeze), then I remembered how long it's going to take me to 'rub the butter into the flower mixture'! That turned me off the idea....but not for long. I went straight out and bought my new Mixer! The pastry is done...frozen some and some for a big quiche I have to make for a luncheon tomorrow.
I love the recipe. I have this book called Basic Mixes and it has recipes for the base of 100's of recipes. Which means you can make up a large amount of any of the bases and store them untill you need to make something. There's pancake mixes, muffin mixes, meat mixes, soup mixes....heaps and heaps!!!

I have finished 26 projects for a friend of mine.......and am looking forward to see how it all goes over the next couple of months when she opens her shop. It was so much fun doing them. Now I'm back to trying to finish off my cancer journal. I actually did 4 pages this week. I really want to get it finished now and work on some other things.

One thing I am loving...well it's a couple of things from the same range. The new Fiskars border punches. How great are they? And how easy are they? I bought mine at Paper2 and at $22 each they are sure worth it. I love the one for ribbon threading...I love the scallop one and the little daisy one.
Am enjoying looking at tools. I'm trying to not buy papers and embellishments because I have so much allready.
I bought one set of nestabillities after seeing a Youtube video on using them with the cuttlebug. On friday I will have a practise. They are expensive but for something you can use over and over again it's worth it.

I have spent a lot of time with the little people this week. On Monday I looked after Orson and Sahn & McKenzie whilst Andrea took Blake to his new school. (He loves his new school, especially the fact that 3 of his cousins go there as well). Tuesday I watched Joshua (home from school with a bad cough), Harrison and Riley whilst Carolina went shopping, and again today whilst she picked up their new car. A Honda Odyssey....a luxury one with leather seats etc. It's gorgeous! Carolina sure loves it!

Just heard my former workmate, Anita, has won a car!!! A Cherokee Jeep! What a lucky, lucky lady. It couldn't happen to a nicer lady...she is so sweet and sensitive! Good for you Anita, enjoy it!!!!!!

Now, my plan is to do a few more pages on my journal...so I'd better get off this computer.

No comments: