Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Weekend


These photos tell a little about what I got up to this weekend. Firstly, I finally asked Colin to take a photo of me without any headcover on at all. I guess I should have been aware that creating a collage in picassa mind mean that my photo came up twice!!! Never mind..it's what I look like now. White silver hair about one or two cm long. Kind of getting used to the colour.
I enjoyed taking some pics of our kittens. They are now a year old, so hardly kittens anymore. They are both cute and right now fast asleep in a warm spot in the house.

Just for a change (?) we all met up at Braeside Park on Monday (Queens Birthday) for a BBQ. Unfortunately the weather kind of turned against us, but we still had some fun and the children enjoyed playing outside. Especially climbing trees. Little Sahn is up for anything that she can climb.....even if she doesn't know how to get down. I love watching Harrison enjoy the outdoors. He does tend to take off in to the bushes though so he needs careful watching.
I was very really confused when McKenzie came running up from a distance when they first arrived. I was sure it was India because of the pig tails. But......no....it was McKenzie bobbing along. She is growing up so fast. I love the expression on her face as she holds her Papa's hand.
India is always ready for a photo.....a natural for the camera lens.

A family photo of Andrea and her 3 children was a bit difficult to get....but we managed....even if it's not 'picture perfect'.

The photo of Andrea sharing something with Blake was a real special moment.

Whilst we were preparing lunch Andrea nudged up to me and said "I'm moving to Brisbane!". Oh my.......I knew it was a strong possibility, but to have her say it was tough. In the photo she is telling Blake that they are moving to Brisbane to live with Mat and Keane (Mat is Andrea's boyfriend/partner - to - be, Keane is his 6yr old). The first thing Blake asked was; "Where is Orson going to live?" That was explained fairly quickly but it was pretty funny.
Andrea is so relaxed now. She has been agonising over this decision for weeks and weeks. Moving to Brisbane means leaving all her family and all her friends behind. She doesn't know anyone in Brisbane. But....she and Mat are really great together and love eachother...so finally yesterday morning she made the decision.

Of course.....I had to walk away as I burst in to tears. And....so did Sara. This is the first time one of my children is moving away to permanently live interstate. I am still like a mother hen with wide wings over my children. I can't spread my wings that far. It really makes me so very very happy for Andrea. She has had a string of nightmare relationships behind her and really deserves a break with a man who will cherish her. Mat will do that. He already does. But, selfishly, I want her to stay. I want my three grandchildren to stay. It means missing birthdays, and Blake's first day at a new school......and the everyday contact we have. It means that Sahnie has less people in her life who she trusts and goes to easily.

I can't help but remember that this time last year was when things began to unravel for me and my family. Different situation, but the enormous emotional drain, again. I am not superstituous and thinking that it's going to be downhill again. I guess I just really struggle with anything that opens the floodgates because I can't shut them so easily and I am so aware of how vulnerable I still am. So, Andrea is planning to move in the next school holidays....only weeks away. It's just going to be tough....again!!!! Somehow though I get through the tough times......learn new things about myself and my strengths or lack of!!!

Now, it's time to go to the podiatrist. Wish it was going for a massage instead!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: