Monday, June 23, 2008

There Just Too Much.....

I was so shocked and sad to read, last night, that Jane McGraw had passed away. I knew about her battles with cancer. I knew that she had a brain tumour. But never thought that she was in such a life threatening condition.
There are just way too many lovely and beautiful and strong women dying from brain tumours and breast cancer. In less than twelve months I have watched three gorgeous women die from these cancers, and now another public figure from the same thing.
I HATE CANCER.
About 95% of women I met whilst having chemo were having treatment for breast cancer. And I think of several whom I got to know really well and although we didn't exchange contact details I just hope their lives are blessed and that they become 'survivors'. Breast cancer is one of those horrible cancers that so easily transfers to other areas of your body. And although the actual breast cancer may be gone there is always a chance it's going to show up somewhere else.
I remember my oncologist telling me that 1 in 3 people will have some kind of cancer. That's a horrible statistic.
I had the first of my checkup CT Scans last week. This week I have one of my 8 weekly treatments and a visit with my Oncologist to tell me the results of my scan. Although I have been feeling confident, all of a sudden I feel vulnerable and somewhat nervous. And I hope and pray that my results are clear.

On to happier and better things. I am definetly driving up to Brisbane with Andrea and the kids next week. We leave on the 2nd, driving up to Sydney. We'll stay there for a couple of nights and then head on up North to Brisbane on the Friday.
It's going to be fun and difficult and exciting all at once. I'm looking forward to it because I will be able to see where Andrea will be living. Mat has a 4yr old house, it's big and just perfect for their 'blended' family to start a new beginning.
I will be able to take lots of photos and have a mental image of my eldest daughter in her new environement.
I still find it hard to talk about her moving without the tears starting. In fact I can cry at anything so easily at the moment. I'm not sure if that is because of Andrea and the children moving or just a combination of lots of things. I have babysat Sahn quite a bit lately and I am going to miss this querkie special little girl so much. We have such a strong bond. She doesn't go to other people easily but she's always been able to be with me. Blakey is taking the change in his stride but I know he is going to miss his cousins and his papa and nanna. Orson is a bit of a mummy's boy so as long as mummy is around he'll be OK. Although I'm sure he will tell her he wants to go home when he's had enough of this new life.

I have been commissioned by an online store to do some projects for them and am getting right in to it. But it brings back how difficult it is to create on demand. Going to finish the work today and get back to having some fun with scrapbooking.

Last week I had such a great couple of days. I scrapbooked.......photos!!! Not my cancer journal but photos. With a group of friends we had a crop together at Tambi's house. I actually prepared myself with having kits ready to go (talk me all day!!). I finished 3 layouts and nearly finished a 4th. Stayed up until midnight scrapbooking. I havn't done that for a year!!! It was so good.
I stayed the night....sleeping in Isaacs bed while he was asleep on a couple of kids couches on the floor. However, somehow during the night he insisted we swap because he couldn't sleep. So, down on to the floor I went. Trying to sleep on these thin little couches. Then India decided to join me!!! it was still dark!! What was she thinking??? It was so lovely to snuggle up with her. She is such an affectionate little thing.
After not much sleep at all I went with Tambi and the children to school because India had dressup day. She was dressed up as Ariel and looked so yummy. Got lots of photos...of course!!! McKenzie..only 3..insisted on getting dressed up too. So we had Ariel and Superman!!!
In the afternoon Andrea, Sara and Carolina came over to Tambi's for lunch...so it was a very full day.
When I got home I was exhausted but so happy. I had a little rest. Finished off the layout and started on the online projects. I was on a roll. So, today I get to finish it all off, I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there anna
i saw your message in the paper today, and know the meaning of your words.
good luck with your scans, and have a lovely time in brissie
cheers
jane