Thursday, June 12, 2008

Those twists and turns

Life sure does take its many twists and turns.
This morning our dear young friend Taliane passed away. After battling a brain tumour for less than two years. At 22yrs of age. Mother of a 3yr old and an 18 month old.
The past two months have been horrible for her and her husband Jon and their little ones. Now they have the tragic relief that it's over.
Very, very sad. God bless you Taliane.

I am now going to be driving up to Brisbane with Andrea and her children in a couple of weeks. Plans changed and I get to go. We'll have a two night stop over in Sydney at my sisters house. She and her husband will be travelling the world by then so we won't actually get to spend any time with her.
Once in Brisbane I am also going to spend some time with my eldest sister, Erna. I have only spent six hours in Brisbane.......went to a wedding and home the same night.....so am looking forward to seeing a little bit of some things.

Andrea is so excited about her new plans. She told me that since I had cancer she has had to depend on herself much more than she used to and found strengths that she never knew she had. And thereby being able to make the decision to uproot away from us all and believe in herself. I think that's fantastic for her that she has found that growth and is able to give herself this wonderful opportunity. I still feel sad, however.

That's it.....got some ironing to do.

No comments: