Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Good News Week

I saw my Oncologist on thursday and he had the good news that my CT scan is clear and my blood is perfect!!!! There is a little damage to my liver from the chemo but my liver is working fine.
I had really gotten quite concerned just waiting for the results and it's such a relief to know that I don't have to worry like that again for the next 3 months.
I also had another of my 8 weekly treatments. Getting more settled in to the fact that I am just passing through Oncology for this treatment and not a permanent fixture like I was.
The girls there were all keen to take my cap off to check out my hair. I am getting so many complements about the colour. It's really white with a bit of grey......and it looks very chic as some have said. However, I am still not that confident going everywhere without some kind of head cover on. Family things I'm fine. Dropping in to the local supermarket I am fine. But a big public place where I may stay for a while.....not yet ready!!!!
It's been a big weekend. Yesterday morning started with Joshua's 7th birthday party. He had a bowling party in Mentone and the children had a blast. He had heaps of friends and cousins. Colin, Sara, Maga and Krystal (Tambi's sister) decided to have a game themselves. Colin promptly dropped the ball on his foot!!!!! I couldn't help but laugh.......and he was good about it although it was really hurting him big time.
We're going to go bowling as a family activity more often...the children really got the hang of it and loved it.
Blake in particular did fantastic. What a shame they are leaving this week!
Which brings me to Saturday night......last night. We had a farewell party for Andrea and the children at her friend Alicia's home in Sandhurst. Wow...some home!!!! It was a fun night and Andrea really appreciated being able to say goodbye to her good friends.
I am so tired today. After the thursday treatment I feel totally worn out. By about Tuesday I should be right again. But with all that's going on at the moment there just seems a lot to deal with. Especially Andrea and her children leaving.
We leave this wednesday for the big drive up to Sydney. It's only a couple of days away now...not weeks.....not, maybe it will happen. It's really going to be happening. Andrea is so excited and can hardly wait. Sara, myself, Tambi and Carolina are all emotional and sad at her going, at Blake, Orson and Sahn not being part of our everyday lives anymore.
How I am going to miss them....it's one of those hard events to deal with.
But......I will get to visit and they will visit....but that won't be the same!!! Nothing I can change so I need to be accepting.
Like accepting lots of things in life. No matter how much I may want something or want to go back to things as they were it isn't always possible. Acceptance is a huge thing to learn....and once mastered I imagine it would be a great personal strength to have. Keep on working at it!!!!
Now I've got ironing to do. A packing list to make etc.etc.etc.

1 comment:

kazy2004 said...

Yea Anna!

have a safe trip too

Cheers Karen