Thursday, May 29, 2008

What I've been up to this past week


I have been spending quite a bit of time with my grandchildren. Both Sara and Andrea moved houses. So since Thursday school pick up time till school drop-off time on Friday I have had Monty. And then Andrea's three children from late Friday untill Sunday afternoon and then again, Sahn all day Monday.
Phew!!! I am tired but.....I loved the fact that I could do it. I have a photo of Sahn in the shopping trolley...she is just not excited about the camera coming out these days. Orson finally found a toy to play with at his new home......everything else is in boxes!! And Blake was having a 'ball' (literally) in a bigger backyard. The backyard needs a lot of attention but we'll all get to that in a family working bee.

Colin and I went to The Temple last week as well. The first time I've been back there since having been diagnosed. It was so peaceful and beautiful and I always feel like I am 'coming home' whenever my eyes see this beautiful building.

Made some yummy bread rolls. In fact the bread maker is hard at work as I write this so I can make some more. Nothing like homemade!!!!!!!!

I finally took Riley to kinder and got some photos of him. He is growing so fast. He absolutely loves having a 'day with Nanna'. He asks to come over constantly.

And I have done a bit of creating. A card for Martins' birthday (he's gonna be 30!!!!!!!). And four more pages of may cancer journal. I am finally up to starting the chemotherapy treatment. I think I've done 18 pages already. It's so interesting re-reading my experiences then. I feel like I have woken up from a bad dream....and yet in my own words the whole experience is there.

Driving Monty to school this week he asked me two questions. "Are salt and vinegar potato chips a family tradition?" I had to laugh...I can't stand them but everyone else seems to like them.....so my answer was, "why not?" Anything can become a family tradition, right?

The next question was, "what is the oppositie of tomboy?" I thought the answer was a 'girly girl'....but no. He meant if a boy likes to do girls things. I couldn't think of any 'nice' terms for this one at all. So, we decided it wasn't good to label anyone at any time. Phew!! I mean I couldn't say some of the things that came to mind to a 7yr old.

Today I am going to do some more on my cancer journal. I'm kind of eager to get it finished so I can scrapbook some photos.
And, with that intent I had better get away from my keyboard!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: