Monday, May 19, 2008

Loved Freezing Saturday

It's been a busy week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a great day on Friday. A crop at my house!!! It was the best fun and so nice to be with others who love scrapbooking like I do. Some of my friends want me to start running classes for them from my house. Not sure about that! At least not yet!
I did get 2 single and 1 double layouts of Harrison done. Which means his grand total of completed layouts has now doubled. I am to keep doing some more of him....he is such fun scrapbooking material. Being nearly 2yrs old and getting in to everything....it's just the best!!!
I got a newsletter from the Scrapboxx last week and only just looked at it. Their design team is amazing. Loving the layouts......great for me to copy. I use up more ink on my printer printing off layouts than I do photos. Who needs magazines???
Wednesday I am going with a few friends to Paper2....introducing them to a bricks and mortar store. I am sure they will spend plenty!!!

I loved the freezing cold weather we had last saturday. Real 'overcoat' weather. I have been hanging out for this type of weather....hot chocolate, home made cinnamon rolls...happy family, a bit of scrapbooking, a good book. Love it all!!!
Saturday night we had tickets for a performance from the BYU Ambassadors at Kingston Centre in Moorabbin. This is a group of 70 young singers, dancers and musicians from BY University in Utah, USA. Their performance was fantastic!!! They sang and danced music from the 50's to the 90's. I hate to admit but I really related to the 60's music. Saturday, in the park......la la la la la...!
On Sunday a lot of the performers were at our Church meetings because they were billeted with member families. A small group of them went to the home of our dear sweet young friend Taliane who is dying from cancer. She is now blind....and is pretty much out of it most of the day. These young Ambassadors went there to sing to her and after they had been there I spoke with a couple of the girls and they were in tears at the amazing experience this had been for them. They are the same age as Taliane (22) and could so identify with this young mother of two small children, loosing her battle with cancer.
I heard later from Taliane's husband, Jon, that Taliane was just mesmerized. She didn't know they were coming until a couple of hours beforehand and it was an especially strong spiritual experience for them all.
Last night went to a Fireside(meeting) from our Church Relief Society......there were about 200 there and the speakers were so inspiring.
I am enjoying being able to go to these events again. It's been a long time. And...like everyone else....I love to be nourished spiritually as well as emotionally etc.

Today, I finally went and did the Drug Allergy Test at the Royal Melbourne Hospital. It was really fascinating how it's all done, and then watching for reactions etc. The culprit is what my aneasthetist thought it would be....one of the muscle relaxants!!! I may have to go back to have further testing of drugs withing the same family....to have a complete picture of the whole deal.
Funnily my mobile rang when I was only home a short while and it was Rod Taylor the aneasthetist....to ask if I had done the test yet. So I was able to tell him the little I knew.

So, in a space of two weeks I've heard from both the surgeon and the aneasthetist who were part of my whole anaphylactic episode.

Time moves on and it was good to be able to tell both of them that I am now in remission....and am hoping to stay that way with the help of the 'wonder drug' mabthera.

Another busy week coming up. Both daughters are moving houses and I am booked for some heavy babysitting duties!!!!!!!!

No comments: