Monday, May 12, 2008

Enough is Enough

It seems like I'm right back into the 'everything is medical' phase again. Two weeks ago I had the shell of the abscess removed from my neck (the one that caused the serious infection earlier this year). Last week I had to go and have the wound checked...and tomorrow the stitches will be removed. So that's one thing over and done with.
Then it was for a blood test to see if my blood is still doing good.
Last thursday I had the first of my once every eight weeks treatments....mabthera it's called. Back into the day oncology at Brighton Cabrini. It seemed like I hadn't had the 8 weeks break at all. It's a funny feeling really. I am in remission but to keep me there I have to have this treatment so I really do remain a cancer patient for another two years.
Now I feel lethargic and a bit nauseous but nothing like what it was on chemo. And....hopefully in a few days I will feel better again.
It's like have chronic fatigue constantly. No matter how much sleep you get, you just don't feel that bright and alert.
Today I have been for a hip xray. My Oncologists thinks I may have arthritis in my left hip! How does he know....well it hurt really badly when I was sick with the infection earlier this year and as soon as I was back on chemo the pain went away. Chemo is a great drug for arthritis pain!!! So now I have to have that investigated.
It's all downhill once you're over 50......maintenance constantly!!!

Next week I have my drug allergy test at the Royal Melbourne Hospital which is going to be interesting. In fact the surgeon who had to abort the operation got in touch with me the other day via a friend of mine and then rang me as well. He said some really special and nice things and he still has a very strong memory of the all the events of my anaphylaxis cardiac arrest and never wants me to return to him for surgery.......then he said 'only joking'! But, he is a cancer surgeon so I really don't want to return to see him. A christmas card once a year is enough.

Had a wonderful Mothers Day. Grandson Riley(4yrs) wanted to come and cook me a mothers day breakfast because they had just finished a yummy one at home and he wanted me to have some too. How sweet and gorgeous.
We all met at Andrea's home.......everyone made a special contribution towards a yummy dinner and dessert.
The grandchildren were all in fine form and played really good with eachother...for a change.
I got some lovely, sweet presents. Shoes, lots of 'stuff' from dusk (love that place) and a gorgeous long knitted jacket in dark purple. I feel totally spoiled.

Havn't done any creating. Well that's not true. I did help DIL, Tambi last week. She is making an album for our son, her husband for his 30th. So she came over and I helped her put some pages together. Thank goodness for the cuttlebug and the cricut. I made yummy home made pizza for lunch. The bread maker makes the best pizza dough and it's so easy.

I've ordered some more scrapbooking 'stuff'. Some from the US and some from Aus. There was a I love Elsie paper that she first brought out which I really loved and once site actually still had some so I ordered a few sheets. And from the US I can't really remember what I ordered except that Ali Edwards latest book (been out about a year) was very cheap so I know I am getting that.

Have to buy some more Printblocks D Ring albums as some of my grandchildrens' albums are overflowing. Will have to go to Paper2 for them I think they are the closest store that sells them.

No comments: