Saturday, June 20, 2009

Culling

I have finally decided to cull my scrapbooking products. A major decision in the life of any scrapbooker. However I am so tired of my 'cluttered' room. I find I go to the same products all the time. And all the ones I've had for years that I thought I was putting away for my days when I am not earning money and can no longer buy 'new' stuff - have really lost their shine. I wouldn't use them anymore.
A lot of what I've kept stashed away for 'later on' hasn't seen the light of day for years. I've spent so much money that I am ashamed of the waste. Although I am giving it all away and hopefully some of it may get used or passed on.
For instance the amount of idea books I had at a cost of around $35-40 each and the piles and piles of magazines that are all so outdated - why keep them? Possibly to justify my decision to have spent the money on them. But they are really past their 'use by' date.
So I took a huge amount of them to a friend who can look through them, tear out what she wants, pass them on to others of just throw them away.

I am only keep this years CK magazines and all my Scrapbook Trends and CARDS idea books.

I bought four of the large photo storage boxes many, many years ago and enthusiastically began putting photos in them. But somehow they got put out of sight and then for a few years I just kept adding packets of photos on to a pile of other packets of photos.
Last night I got them all out and put them in the boxes - much tidier. And am grateful for digital photography and the fact that I tend to now only print photos I intend to scrapbook!

My desk is a nightmare so I have to yet tackle that. As well as the umpteen little plastic drawers sets I have with who knows what in them.
Then it's a matter of tidying up my ribbons - again. Then my tools. My plan is to have my cuttlebug and my cricut out all the time so I can just access them easily. I am even hoping to be able to have my sewing machine on a desk with the other two tools.

Lots of plans........a full rubbish bin, and a car boot or two to give away.

And then......no more buying stuff!!!!

Yesterday I went with Anita to Paperific at the showgrounds. It was fun going in by train and tram. Lots of chatting and catching up about our families and life in general.
The show was disappointing though. There really wasn't anything remarkable there - and any make and takes were hard to find.
I did buy some glimmer mist cuz I've been wanting some of that, some stickles and some lovely pens that I intend to use to make my 'old' flowers a bit more interesting.
It was nice to catch up with some friends from the past. Nice to see you Didi, Jodie, Deb, Kerry and Lyn.

Now I've got to make some dough for pizza's to take to Andrea's tonight.......I have a huge basket of ironing that I've been ignoring and I need to prepare a lesson to teach my young friends at Church tomorrow.

No comments: