Monday, June 15, 2009

Future Socceroo

I li
Could this boy become a future Socceroo???? Being a biased Grandmother I think he can.!!!
He is also a very handsome soccer player as well!!
India and McKenzie two very faithful supporters of their soccer playing brother....even when it's a freezing morning! A lollypop helps!

We hadn't been to see Isaac playing soccer yet and as it was Martin's birthday on Saturday we decided to catch up with him at Isaacs game.
He is a little 'gun' player! He loves it and that's the most important consideration. However his sisters get a bit bored when it's so very cold and McKenzie just really hates it when it's windy so she wasn't going to be too co-operative with photos.

I can't believe that my second youngest child is now 31! How old does that make me feel? Although as they say 'every day above ground is a bonus' and so every day I get older I am grateful!

I 'might' be getting a new car. My Astra that we bought a couple of years ago is turning out to be a bit of a lemon. It was fine until we had a service done and since then it's been back at least one or two days every week for the last 8 weeks! So we have been looking around a bit at our options. The Hyundai i30 is looking good. But we're just not 100% sure we should be committing some well earned super towards paying for it!! Hmm......Decisions, decisions.

I am nearly finished with my 'type drawer'. I think I'm pretty happy with it....however the good thing about this is I can change anything anytime I want to. When it's all done I will take a photo and post it here. Still need to add a couple more photos and then there is one family shot I still need to take which isn't easy. It's of Andrea's family and it has to be a really specially good day for Sahnie to sit and have her photo taken.

So, now that I have almost finished creating a 'mess' in my scrap room I have decided to clean it out really thoroughly. I am going to cull big time! I have so must 'stuff' that I bought years ago because I felt the need to have to have every new thing that was released. Even if I didn't have an immediate plan or need for it. I liked it, at the time of course. However, now that I just scrap for my own pleasure and not for teaching or displaying in a shop my need for all this 'stuff' has really diminished.
In fact, most of what I put on my layouts now is from Cricut cartridges or the cuttlebug (sometimes!). Or even piece things together myself. So the demand on all the pre-maid things is very minimal and taking up a lot of space.
I have books and magazines going back years that I never look at. And the current pile is getting higher and higher and I never even get around to referring to those.
I am also fed up with the messy, cluttered theme of my scrap room.
Now that I've written this I realise this is going to be some task that I am going to undertake. Will have to break it down to small steps I think. And two BIG boxes - one for things to pass on and one for the grandchildren to play with....and then there is the rubbish bin as well!
Hoping to get started on this today!

I have decided to find a quote or statement each month that will give me a bit of a push to work on myself to be a better person.

At the moment it's this one:-
"Help me to be cheerful
when things go wrong.
Persevering when things
are difficult; and serene
when things are irritating."

I like this one........because like most people I have and do overreact to different things that come and go in my life. I have been trying to learn to not be this way because the only person who I am hurting is myself. I have learnt that on our journey we naturally get challenges thrown at us. Some are so hard....others we make harder by how we respond. It sure isn't worth responding to anything in any other way than cheerful, serene and persevering.

No comments: