Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not to start we planned......

Thank you friends for your comments on my blog. I wish you a great 2009 for yourselves and your families.
Alison thank you for wanting to catch up with my layouts, I will post some soon. The birthday ones were pretty basic but I have some papers already spread over my desk to start baby girl ones for Isabella.

Well 2009 hasn't started quite like we hoped. Colin was retrenched this week. After working at the same company for 17yrs. So it's been an emotional kind of upheaval on top of which it was done the day after his birthday. So here we have been planning fun birthday things for him but at work they had been planning something a little different.
It's a good time to reflect on what he wants to do now. At least the drive from home to Altona each day can be deleted from his life. He has just turned 61 and so kind of looking at retirement in 4yrs or so (yikes!!), however he is now considering maybe part time work or something totally different.
I'm OK with whatever he decides. He has worked so hard all our married life and it's his time to plan what he wants to do now.
So, we're going to go for Chinese New Year at the end of the month to have another crack at a good new start to the year!!!!!

I've had a lovely week up until Colin came home with the news. Went to the beach for the first time in umpteen years, with the girls and the grandchildren. I got some great photos!! And no, I did not wear bathers!!! I did get horribly burn on the back of my neck/shoulders. I had no idea that when you've had chemo you have to always watch being in the sun because your skin cells have been damaged. So, I'm hoping there's no lasting further damage from the sunburn.

Sahnie came for another sleepover. It is so much fun to wake up with her....we sleep in our spare bed. Having autism she is such a quant unique little one and such a pleasure to spend time with. Andrea is a fantastic Mum for Sahnie and I admire her so much being a single Mum with three children. It sure isn't easy and she is now fully engrossed in learning everything she can about autism. And of course giving us, her family, a lot more insight into how Sahnie processes her environment. It's also confronting for her as she gets glimpses of the future. It's great that we are such a close family and can give heaps of support.

Tonight Monty and Romane are coming for a sleepover...that's going to keep us on our toes. Monty is 8 now and he is getting baptised next saturday. His Dad is coming down from Queensland and it will be an extra special day for Monty.

My sister, Marianne and her hubby Lionel are coming to visit at the end of the week, for a few days. I havn't seen them for over 4yrs now so am very excited.

And one last thing......I always catch up with Heidi Swapp's blog and am amazed that for such a very busy, busy person she blogs as much and often as she does. I love reading her adventures and thoughts.

Off to have breakfast and then go to Church.

No comments: