Friday, January 23, 2009

Adjustments and some fun times too

It has been busy, busy here over the past couple of weeks. The normal school holiday busyness with grandchildren having sleepovers and scrapbooking or playing at the park activities.

Colin being home has created more busyiness.....I can't seem to find a routine. Now this is kind of good but kind of bad as well. All of a sudden there isn't any set days or time of the day to do things and I am finding that although it's been relaxing I now think the time has come to put my foot down a little more. Both with myself and with Colin.
We have been having meetings with our financial planner which takes up plenty of time for the actual meetings as well as our preparation for them. All of a sudden we are really faced with what we want out of life...especially financially. And if we are in a position to achieve that now, or if some more hard work has to be put in. It sure makes us look at what we can do without and what we can't. I guess that in comparison to a lot of people we don't expect too much which works in our favour at the moment.

We've been to the movies a couple of times. Saw 7 pounds with Will Smith. Fortunately I was prepared for the main theme because all the advertising doesn't go anywhere near what the story is about. Very confronting and emotional and thought provoking....and Will Smith played his role super, super good.
Also saw Bedtime Stories and Bolt with the grandchildren.

Currently, thanks to my girls, I am engrossed in Army Wives. Andrea bought the first series straight from the US....and now they have 'fed' me the 2nd Series on my memory stick. It's such a cool show. I also get Private Practise and Greys Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters and One Tree Hill from them so we are right up to date with the US. Technology is such an amazing thing!!!
The problem is.......I stay awake way too late at night watching these shows and then I am more tired than I need to be. It's fun though!

I have been scrapbooking a little bit. I've done one lovely page of baby Isabella....it's now in a frame hanging on the wall with the rest of the 'little people'. I've nearly finished a 2nd page of her.
However...today I did something I havn't done for 18months. I went to a scrapbook class. A few weeks ago I went to The Scrapbook Scene in East Burwood and had a little browse around. I've known Janet, the owner, for many years when she was a customer at my LSS. It was nice to catch up and have a browse around. I was impressed with one of the classes on offer and I booked in. So, that's what I did today......and it was great! I love the 'interactive layout' that I made, the teacher and other ladies there were all happy and friendly and I felt I have at last found a new place to enjoy a class or two in a relaxed and nice environment.

My sister, Marianne and her husband Lionel came and stayed with us last week. It was so nice to see them both again. It's been a long time...way too long actually. We had Monty's baptism on Saturday so they came too, of course. Then organised a family pot luck dinner for Sunday and we went out for dinner with just the four of us on Monday.....and I havn't laughed so much in ages. We just had so much fun together. After our dinner out we came home and played Balderdash....a board game we all love. This ended up in more laughter and craziness and it was so good for us all.
Family is just the best........close, extended, immediate....they're all irreplaceable!!!

No comments: