Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lots of fun





What a great weekend. The weather has been really mild and encouraged lots of outdoor time. Saturday afternoon we spent with Andrea, Blake, Orson and Sahn coming over for a bike ride and a walk. It was so relaxing and fun to be with the kids and Andrea. Orson fell off his bike so many times, and I had to take a photo of his 'sore-sore' everytime he stopped. Sahnie isn't happy to sit in the pram and be pushed along. She has to walk and walk she did. We were out for over an hour and she walked the whole time.

Blake is very proud of himself because he can ride a two wheeler without training wheels. Except when he is going really slow and then he gets the wobbles.

We all had home made pizza for dinner and then Monty came over cuz he was sleeping the night so we thought we'd better have Blake sleep the night too. Now that's a challenge!!!

Some chemical reaction is set off when those two grandsons are together! They are sooooo naughty, and they know it!

It was with some relief when Sara picked up Monty this morning, and we had only Blakey to entertain.

We took him for a long walk to feed the ducks. He loved it. Chattering the whole way, asking lots of questions. He really loves some one on one time.

We went to Church together and he was the best behaved boy.

Tonight we dropped Blakey home and then went to Martin and Tambi's for dinner. Three more gorgeous grandchildren to spend time with. And they were all in the funniest moods, keeping us laughing all the time.

How blessed I am. I have such a wonderful and close family. Four great children and ten fantastic grandchildren.

Friday I went for a job interview. Yikes!!! Actually I wasn't nervous at all. That may be a bad sign! It would be nice to get the job, but if not, that's OK too.

I learned something over the past few days. There has been the biggest fuss made in the US about a very big disagreement between Stacey Julian and Heidi Swapp. Unfortunately, Stacey Julian made a big boo-boo by writing an email with some non nice comments, and mistakingly sending it to everyone in her address book. Which included a lot of people. So, it all blew up. the 2peas forum has quite a discussion on it. Everyone with their own judgments etc. So, I decided to go to Stacey's blog and check out a bit more.

She had written a big apology and expressed a lot of remorse at the situation she had created. I was really impressed with her humility. She then wrote about the fact that humility was something she had been trying to work on, and here she was in this horrible situation. And, for her all she could do was say what she was feeling. Regret and admitting her mistake.

I feel a lot like her too. I made some mistakes a few weeks ago, with emails. I regret them too. And I am trying really hard to make amends as much as I can. I can't be responsible for how other people respond to me. All I can do is be sincere. And try to do better.

So, this weekend I have had fun, and I have learned some good principles.

Can't get it much better than that!!!!

No comments: