Thursday, January 10, 2008

Treatment number 6!!!

Talked to Dr. Richardson today and he checked me out thoroughly. He thinks I 'may' have a tummy bug so has given me antibiotics. However the whole yucky thing can be the treatment. It is an aggressive treatment having it every week and does accumulate in my body. So, he has also given me a new anti-nausea tablet that is on a special government script. So, hopefully I will start to feel a bit brighter.
When I went to have my treatment I got isolated from everyone else in case I did have a bug of some kind.
So, lucky me got to hop on a bed.....and I slept through most of the whole thing.
Not that makes me feel all bright and chirpy because no matter how much or how little sleep I get I am always very, very tired. Part of the deal!!!
So, I have now had 6 treatments. Half way there...kind of. And number 6 card arrived from Robyn today. How clever is she?
In a couple of weeks I will be having a PET scan to see if there is any cancer still. Better not be!!!
If everything is good, then i finish the 12 weeks and then for two years once every two months I have a treatment.
I have never yet asked my doctor what would happen if I had opted to not have the treatment. How long would I have etc? I think I've been to scared to ask that question.
Maybe one day I will. I know he started treatment straight away and aggressively and hard so there was no mucking around.
My Uncle in Holland died from stage 3 lymphoma last year....I never knew that's what he died from. I emailed my cousin and she gave me all the details.
It's such an insiduous disease........you don't know you have it. It should be more painful in it's early stages.
I think I'm really venting a bit here!!!
Time to go and watch some TV and lighten up.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I am glad to see you blogging this journey you are on. You know how much I always carried on about the therapeutic benefits of journalling. Plus it means those who are you supporting you through your journey can see how you are. The chemo doesn't sound pleasant at all. You are doing so well though and your family and friends sound so supportive. The scarf looks very cool actually! I am thinking about you a lot and wishing you a speedy recovery to good health.

Alison said...

Hi Anna, thinking of you, you seem to be quite bright considering, i agree with Clare, us women know how to get it off our chests and i think that thats the best solution.
Keep your chin up. Love Alison