Thursday, January 10, 2008

Its' a tough road

I was never intending to use my blog as reference to write my 'cancer journey'. I had big plans to write regularly about where I'm at etc. But that's been a lot harder than I imagined it would be. So, I'm glad that I've kept my blog pretty much up to date.
It's hard to feel like writing when you feel yuck!!!
This last week (week 5) has been pretty tough! I'm feeling more and more tired and just so nauseous all the time. Have to discuss this with my Oncologist today. I have tablets to take but have no idea how bad the nausea needs to be before I use them etc.
So, I havn't accomplished much of any note this week.
It's also hard to find anything I can eat. I can't cope with rich and sickly, creamy foods. Even icecream!!! I was able to eat low fat cheese, but all of a sudden that's not so appealing. It seems like dry bread rolls, fruit salad and icepoles at the moment. Great diet!!!!
I had an amazing and emotional day on Monday.
I have been reading some series of books given to me by a friend....and was enjoying them but she didn't have anymore.
So on to Ebay I went, and find 9 of them!!! And managed to buy them all for a song. So they arrived on Monday.
Plus a parcel from my niece Abigail who lives in Adelaide. She sent me an MP3 player!!! She included a letter that just blew me away and had me sobbing!!!! Her thoughtfulness and caring and the music she already uploaded on to it were all to help support and strengthen me!!!!
Then.......another niece, Stephanie who lives in Canada with her husband and new baby rang me!!! Her baby wasn't sleeping so she decided to call me. We chatted for about an hour!!! It was so much fun, and reminiscing over past Christmas' we used to share as families.
So, Monday I laughed and cried a lot!!!!
Andrea has been so amazing again. She organised all the girls to make a meal each because we were down to frozen dinners. She's taken me shopping for Sara's birthday....and cleaned the house.
Today she is picking me up for my treatment and it's going to be hot! hot! but she's OK about coming all that way.
Sara will pick me up and drop me off at home,l where I will immediately turn up the AC and crash!!!!!
So many friends have made meals, popped in to do ironing so thank you Noelene, Myra, Jean and of course my dear friend Robyn for sending me a card every week to help me count down the 12 weeks. Gorgeous hand made cards........and lovely cheerie emails. Also, Anita for always making me crack up at her comments and her emails.
Thank you to for Dawn and Jane for your encouraging comments....I do appreciate it heaps.
Time to brave the day.......!

No comments: