Sunday, December 09, 2007

Yuck and Awful

The whole chemo thing is very overwhelming. 24hrs in the hospital and a continual stream of drugs going into my body.
  • Then there's the extra tablets that you have to take
  • And the box full of different stuff to take home to take untill next week
  • The injection in my tummy just before going home.

The staff are amazing and the other patients are all sweet and perpy and lovely. I was just overwhelmed. By the second day I slept through most of my session.

Coming home.....well it's good!! I feel yuck although you get so much stuff now to stop you throwing up which is good. I feel very tired, all the time.

So, I push myself through that a bit. Had a 30mt walk this morning, did some ironing and a bit of tidying up. Then a rest.....then a bit of work on some Christmas projects and now I've had it again.

Had fun with my wig yesterday. I arrived on Friday and there was no way I was going to open it. Of course when Sara came around with Monty she wasn't going to waste any time and before long Monty was modelling it, then Sara and then it was my turn. That wasn't quite as much fun.

But....I think we made a good choice. If not, bad luck because that's what I'll be wearing. Although I'm liking the idea of scarves more I think.

Well, that's my post for now.

1 comment:

Dawn Stan said...

Hi Anna, It is a little overwhelming the medication you take for this and that. So many things to remember. I used to come home and type it all out. I felt better having the knowledge of what was happening or what might happen. I took three different anti- nausea drugs. They have come a long way over the years and help so much.

I also bought a wig but never wore it. It was a beautiful wig. I ended up wearing hats and scarves. I found that the wig felt uncomfortable on my bald head and hot and sweaty. Around the house I never wore anything. Even wandered into the garden many times without a hat but was worried I would get my head burnt over summer. I have emailed you. You will have to send me your addy.