Saturday, February 07, 2009

Forty plus degrees...I'm over it!

Ohhhhhh isn't this weather just awful!!! Here we are facing another 40 something day and it's so windy outside. Just horrible and it's so difficult to keep occupied. Thank goodness for scrapbooking!!
I am in the process of making two small books (from bookboard storybooks) for Isaac and Lamont for the baptism memories.
Then.....when I've finished I am going to do the Bootcamp challenge from Blue Bazaar. I am stoked!!! I love the whole concept they've thrown out there and it's just what I need. Use 50 pattern papers i already have and complete 25 layouts. I can do that!!!!

I have a few interesting things in the pipeline at the moment. Not sure if anything will come of them but if any do it will mean some changes for me. Welcome and positive ones....and that's always good.

I had another treatment this week and got to ask my Oncologist some questions that were important. The main one being when do I actually finish my maintance program. May 2010 !! that's still ages away!
Cabrini Brighton has had huge extensions built and the Oncology is temporarily in a new part of the new hospital so it was nice to go there. Much bigger and brighter and great new chairs. I want one at home. They are so comfortable and everything is done by remote......! My Oncologist, Gary also has his consulting rooms in the new hospital now and they are 'state of the art'. Lovely skylights and great design.

I actually went for a job interview yesterday...but now I'm not sure I want the position.....not sure they will even offer it to me. I think my treatments every 8 weeks threw them a little and the position is actually more hours than first discussed. And right away I felt stressed about it.....and that's not what I want. To go back to a stressful life?? No way!!!

Colin is still trying to find what he wants to do. He's doing some Excell course at the moment....but doing it from home!! But that's OK! We are learning to be around eachother whilst still doing our own thing and having our own space and doing things together.

We have seen a few movies, again! Benjamin Button which I absolutely loved. Gran Torino which I hated. The Changeling which I loved. Marley and Me which I loved and cried through.

I feel like we are a retired couple by the lifestyle we are living.....but that might change yet...at least until we are older. haha!

Well despite the heat I am going to do some ironing with a big fan blowing on me. We don't turn the air con on until later so we don't draw on too much power.

Then it's off to scrapbook for a while. And maybe a little rest. After all I did have some treatment on thursday and that leaves me yuck and useless for a few days.

But yesterday I did something I havn't done in many, many years. But...used to do all the time.
Will post some pics next time!!!

No comments: