Sunday, October 19, 2008

Celebrations all round


And Sahnie turns 3!!!!!!!! I can't believe the time has gone so fast. This little princess is growing up...getting taller....and very determined.
We had a lovely party for her. Don't know if Sahnie enjoyed the actual party. She falls under the autism spectrum (although she needs to be re-evaluated again to see just where she does fit) and a classic symptom of autism is a distate for personal space being violated. So she was very happy doing her own thing. Playing with balloons, on the trampoline, in the sandpit. However when it came to singing 'happy birthday' and having a cake she wasn't so happy. We decided to bring the cake to her, outside. Now Sahnie is not a silly little girl and has seen many a birthday cake (lots of cousins!!!) and she knew what that meant. Everyone gathering around and singing (well noise, actually) and she wasn't going to have a bar of it. The picture of her near the steps was the end of her 'escape strategy'. She took flight and left us holding the cake!!! Even giving her her presents we had to do very carefully and try to keep her cousins at a distance so she could enjoy the experience of opening her pressies. Which she did get to do and had a ball.

We have had so many birthdays in the past couple of months and still 3 more to come in the next three weeks. Monty turned 8 on saturday but his party is going to be this coming weekend. Then it's my birthday and then Tambi's. Phew!!! And in the New Year we start it all over again. Lots of fun though, and lots of excuses to get together and enjoy each others company.

I decided to have a look through all my photos, both printed ones and on my computer to see which birthday photos I havn't scrapbooked yet. I only found 19 birthdays!!!!!!!!!! So, I printed and sorted and edited etc. Then found some layout designs I liked, matched the photos to pattern papers and put each into separate bags....ready to scrapbook. 19 double page layouts sort of ready to go!!!
Thinking I will have time to get started on them, I walked into my scrap room and my clip-it-up had fallen over!! Not a surprise because it was way overloaded and had a terrible lean to it. So, began a clean up....and a re-think of how to organise my still increasing stash. No my clip-it-up only has small things hanging on it....and I have yet to organise the big things. I still want to have easy access and I don't want things to get buried. I still have 'stuff' I bought 6yrs ago that I am sure I will use one day?????!!
Will need to keep my thinking cap on. I used lots of the little stacked drawers but I have to open each one to find what's in there, I forget to look in any of them and they seem to be taking up more room for the value I get from them now. What to do!!!!

We had an unplanned practise run for Carolina having baby. She is 36weeks now and could go anytime. I had already been looking after the boys till late on Friday night. Finally getting home, and settled in bed ready to sleep...the phone rang!!! it was 12.59am so I knew it had to be Daniel. And it was.....Carolina believed her waters had started to leak...she was getting some pains. So, I got dressed and drove back there. They took off for the hospital and I climbed into bed. Not getting much sleep at all through the remainder of the night only to find out that nothing had really progressed much and she was coming back home.
The practise run was good. I need to be a bit more prepared. Like...I need a bag packed with some things for me, pj's, toothbrush, phone charger etc. And I am going to organise the food side of things a bit.

You know how it is...you go into some else's kitchen and see what's in the pantry and have no idea how to make a meal of what's in there. I have a book called Make A Mix Cookery. It has master mixes which are the base for lots of yummy recipes. So, I'm going to make a few master mixes for main meals. Freeze them and then have the recipe of what I intend to make from the mixes ready. That way...cooking meals whilst looking after the 3 boys (did I say 3? how am I gonna cope with that??) won't be a burden.
I'm actually looking forward to being organised for this!

So, I had another cancer treatment last thursday. And I got the results of my CT Scan and blood tests. All perfect!!! My Oncologists words!!! I was so relieved I burst into tears! For some reason this time I was obviously more tense about the results than before.

Again, I feel so very, very blessed. There is so much joy and happiness around me right now and I know that I am in a good place mentally and emotionally. In fact I feel stronger now, and happier now than I can recall ever feeling. I sure can't complain about that!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: