Thursday, November 15, 2007

No More....

Claire, thank you!
Yesterday was a very difficult day for me.
A visit to an Oncologist! I never thought I would go through all the gammut of emotions that I did. It was probably the most stressful thing I have ever had to do.
However, in my mind I was confident that my test results all show that the cancer is isolated to one area.
That is what everyone thought, that is! The Oncologist is not sure. So I have to go for a PET Scan and A Bone Marrow Biopsy.
It just seems to keep on getting harder and harder.
And I've decided that although I do want to record where this is all taking me and my feelings etc., I don't want to do this on-line. It's not going to be something i want anyone other than my family to read anyway - and that will probably be in a long time from now.
I have decided that keeping an on-line diary isn't what I want to do at the moment. At least not about the challenges I am facing.
I have a beautiful new journal and I am going to use that.
From time to time I will buzz by my on-line blog for 'general life's journey' things.
Thanks girls for your encouragement!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Anna.
I can totally understand.
Tried to email you but no email link.

Hugs,
Ange

xoxox

Anna said...

Hi Ange: email link is c.ablyth@bigpond.net.au
Would love to stay in touch

Dawn Stan said...

Hi Anna, I read your blog from time to time and I am so sorry you have to embark on the cancer journey.

I just have to say I know what you are going through as I finished treatment for Breast Cancer earlier this year. I was diagnosed not long after turning 37.

I chose to record my journey on my blog for my family and friends as I found I was on the phone constantly repeating the same relay of what had happened or was going to happen. I also found it very theraputic. I also kept a journal. I actually printed off my blog entries and stuck them into my journal. So glad I did.

Here are a few of my favourite quotes at the moment.

Strength does not come from winning.
Your struggles develop your strengths.
When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender,
that is strength.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

My very favourite quote.

"Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what's important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. you tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died from ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, 'if it wasn't for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it'. That's true, if it wasn't for the downside.

I wish you well. If you ever want to email me my addy is solmonoid@primus.com.au