Sunday, November 02, 2008

Anniversary

It's anniversary time!!!
Firstly, it was my wedding Anniversay on Friday. 38yrs!!! Yikes!!!! We actually had a lovely relaxed day together. Colin and I went and did a bit of shopping and then went out in the evening. It was really casual but just nice enough.

Today (Sunday) is my first anniversary. It's been exactly one year today that my life was saved!! One year today that I went to hospital for a simple lymphnode biopsy and ended up with all sorts of dramas. One year today that I was given a clean canvas, to have the opportunity and blessing of making big, big changes in my life. To plan a more balanced life.

And...I have looked back with much reflection over the past 12 months and changes I have made and where I am now in comparison to twelve months ago.
It's been the hardest twelve months I have ever lived and yet so much good has come from it all. And decisions and changes that I have made have worked. I am in a good place. I am reasonably healthy...(I certainly don't complain about every sniffle and headache), I have an amazing family and wonderful friends. I still enjoy my scrapbooking hobbie but am not 'obsessed' like I used to be. I am able to 'be in the moment' and appreciate it much more. My faith has increased a hundred fold and 'life is good'.

I also had my first haircut. A proper haircut. My hair actually has a bit of style. It's still pretty short but I can actually do a little bit with it now.

The past week has been full of babysitting. One day after another, and another. All different grandchildren...but it has worn me out just a bit. Had a 'big' sleep today....actually for about four hours.

Alison, thank you for your comment on my last post. I did go to the site that you suggested!!! What a gorgeous baby album Pip is making. Takes commitment to do that everyday! But, I like the idea of doing it about myself and my family. So, might have to look up where she got the book from.
I was naughty...I ordered one of her paper packs!!!!

Well, we have hardly eaten today and Colin is starving which means I need to get off the computer and into the kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by

No comments: